MAPLE PECAN COOKIES [vegan, gluten-free, oil-free]
This Maple Pecan Cookie is perfect for a cozy evening reading or watching some Netflix. Cookies are never the healthiest haha but I gave my best to make them healthier, vegan, but just as delicious.
- 180 g quinoa flour
- 60 g peanut/almond butter
- 40 g maple syrup
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 60 g chopped raw pecan pieces
- 30 g whole raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 180° celsius while you prepare the batter.
- Prepare your chia egg by combining 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water and allow to sit until thick.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Next add chia egg, maple syrup, peanut/almond butter, chopped pecan pieces, vanilla extract, and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons in size, and space out evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Top with additional whole raw pecans if you like.
- Using a flat surface container (for example the bottom of a drinking glass), press down on the cookie dough balls to flatten out a little bit.
- Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes, or until firm and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cookies cool and firm up and enjoy!
- You can store in an airtight container, or freeze to enjoy later.
love & xoxo