VEGAN LEMON CAKE
This is the perfect cake if you want to experience a little bit of spring or are in need of a tiny pick me up. It’s very sweet but also very refreshing because of the lemons. It was the first vegan cake I’ve ever created and absolutely feel in love with it.
100ml plant oil (like olive oil)
200g powdered sugar
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 lemon peel (grated), 1 lemon’s juice
For the icing
150g powdered sugar
Ca. ½ lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 200° celsius and prepare your baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your non-dairy milk (I usually use almond milk), flour, sugar or other sweetener (like maple syrup), baking powder, citron peel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (oil, lemon juice and 170ml water) along and then mix with the dry ingredients until combined.
- Transfer mixture into lined baking pan and pop into the oven for about 30 minutes
- Once completely cooked, and lightly golden brown on top allow the loaf to cool for 15 minutes.
- Sift the powdered sugar with the lemon’s juice to make the icing.
- Pour it over the cooled down cake and enjoy!
- Be careful with how much water you use for the icing or it’ll fast get too runny.
- You can store in an airtight container, or freeze slices to toast and eat later.
love & xoxo